“Megyn Kelly slammed Blake Lively as a ‘narcissistic bully’ for subpoenaing her in the actress’ ongoing lawsuit against director Justin Baldoni.”, — write: www.dailymail.co.uk
The former Fox News star, 54, called the actress, 38, a ‘nasty Hollywood snob’ as well as ‘sad, pathetic, and untalented’ during her SiriusXM show on Thursday.
Kelly claimed that Lively — who has issued multiple subpoenas to various content creators amid her legal battle — refuses to accept that public criticism against her is genuine and not a smear campaign orchestrated by the director.
She stated that her team fought off subpoenas from Lively’s legal camp, that were trying to obtain the journalist’s private communications.
‘We gave her absolutely nothing. Not one document, not one record, not one communication,’ she said, adding that Lively, ‘backed down and has now missed the deadline to pursue her harassment of me and my team any further.’
Lively accused her It Ends With Us co-star and director Baldoni of sexual harassment and retaliation, which he has vehemently denied.
DailyMail.com has reached out to Lively’s representatives for comment.
Kelly described her legal victory as a First Amendment issue.
‘No world would I ever, ever allow my team’s communications to be turned over to a third party,’ she said.
‘She has zero right to nose around in how I gather news or in how my team and I prepare for any show we do,’ the journalist added.
Kelly said Lively was ‘unable to fathom that yours truly has developed a genuine revulsion toward her on my own. She posited that I must have bene ensnared in Baldoni’s alleged ongoing smear campaign against her.’
Kelly added that Lively ‘suggested that I was getting paid by Baldoni, or by his lawyer Bryan Freedman, for my anti-Blake coverage, demanding to see all documents reflecting this alleged agreement or payment structure. This is how narcissistic this woman is.’
‘She actually thinks I needed to get paid by Baldoni’s team to say negative things about her,’ Kelly said, adding, ‘I came to those conclusions totally organically.’
Kelly then revealed, ‘We fought her subpoena and won’ before advising Lively to ‘try harder next time.’
‘I am a member of the press and you are a sad, pathetic, untalented, narcissistic bully,’ Kelly went on, adding that Lively’s ‘fight to harass me and my team ended in her getting nothing.’
Kelly then expressed her concern for the ‘many content creators whom we believe are being actively bullied by Blake Lively to this day.’
She said that while her team had the resources to hire a lawyer and tell Lively to ‘pound sand’ many others ‘don’t have those resources, and she knows it.’
Kelly also went after Lively’s husband, Ryan Reynolds, 48, calling him ‘a bully.’
‘These two Hollywood mega-millionaires think nothing of harassing powerless people on social media who have the temerity to write or speak negatively about Queen Blake.’
‘Remember that the next time you see Ryan Reynolds trying to pawn himself off as the nice guy. He is a bully too.’
Continuing with the tirade, Kelly said it’s ‘ironic’ that ‘in an effort to disprove that she is an unlikeable bully brat who didn’t deserve any of the negative press she received, Blake Lively acts like an unlikeable bully brat.’
She then listed a series of complaints from people who claimed to have had clashes with Lively over the years, including Norwegian journalist Kjersti Flaa, who last year claimed that an interview with the star made her want to ‘quit’, in a clip shared to YouTube.
Kelly claimed that Blake ‘harassed Justin Baldoni too’ and leaned on her ‘dragons’ – husband Ryan and former friend Taylor Swift — ‘to be her enforcers.’
She wrapped up the segment calling Lively ‘another entitled, nasty, elitist Hollywood snob who thinks she is untouchable’ and ‘believes that anyone who doesn’t worship her must be on the payroll of her enemies.’
‘No one has to pay me one dime to say negative things about you. I do that because I believe them and because you really are terrible,’ Kelly said.
It is not the first time Kelly has clashed with Lively.
In April, Lively sparked a furious response from Kelly at the TIME100 all-star gala in New York City, following the actress’ controversial inclusion on the publication’s Most Influential People list.
Kelly, who was also included on the list, took offense to Blake being included.
‘She shouldn’t be here,’ she told Daily Mail on the red carpet.
Media personality Perez Hilton, who founded the eponymous celebrity gossip website in 2004, has also been subpoenaed by Lively.
Hilton called the subpoena ‘burdensome’ and ‘too broad’ in an interview with Page Six on Wednesday.
After he filed a motion to quash, Lively filed a cross-motion to compel, with a hearing set to take place in Las Vegas on Thursday.
In July, Lively withdrew subpoenas issued to three independent content creators who had covered the lawsuit.
The now-withdrawn subpoenas were initially sent to Google and X (formerly Twitter), requesting personal data from creators Kassidy O’Connell, McKenzie Folks, and Lauren Neidigh.
The content creators pushed back, with O’Connell writing to the court, ‘There is no evidence or sound legal basis whatsoever to have issued this subpoena in the first place,’ and calling the broader effort a ‘witch hunt for discovery.’
Neidigh echoed the sentiment, describing the subpoena as ‘unduly burdensome,’ and accusing Lively’s team of attempting to ‘harass’ and ‘intimidate’ small creators.
The long-running legal drama kicked off last December when Lively sued Baldoni for $250m claiming he had behaved ‘inappropriately’ on set.
He swiftly countersued for $400m claiming defamation – a move that has led to escalating rounds of claim and counterclaims on both sides.
Their trial will begin in March 2026.