August 31, 2025
Football fan banned for bursting into his own side’s dressing room and launching ‘vile attack’ on team after away loss thumbnail
Sport news

Football fan banned for bursting into his own side’s dressing room and launching ‘vile attack’ on team after away loss

The sixth tier club released a statement condemning the incident Jack Figg, Digital Sports Reporter Published: 14:28, 31 Aug 2025 Updated: 14:28, 31 Aug 2025 A RAGING Chester fan forced their way into the team’s dressing room before being restrained. The incident took place on Saturday after the non-league side lost 2-1 away at Worksop”, — write: www.thesun.co.uk

The sixth tier club released a statement condemning the incident

  • Published: 14:28, 31 Aug 2025
  • Updated: 14:28, 31 Aug 2025
A RAGING Chester fan forced their way into the team’s dressing room before being restrained.

The incident took place on Saturday after the non-league side lost 2-1 away at Worksop Town in the National League North – England’s sixth tier.

Soccer players vying for the ball during a match.

1

The incident occurred after Chester’s 2-1 defeat at WorksopCredit: Chester FCThe supporter was said to be verbally abusive before sparking a physical confrontation – which players and staff had to diffuse.

Speaking out, the club said: “Chester Football Club condemns the behaviour of an individual who instigated a serious confrontation at the end of today’s match at Worksop Town.

“This individual was verbally abusive before being able to gain access to the tunnel area, where he entered the away changing room, initiating a physical altercation where he had to be restrained by players and staff.

“Club officials have been able to identify the individual involved and he will be banned from attending future Chester fixtures.

READ MORE IN FOOTBALL

“We acknowledge it has been a disappointing start to the season and as a fan-owned club, we will always defend and respect supporters’ right to ask questions and criticise.

“However, as a club we do not believe vile abuse, personal attacks, and physical threats are warranted under any circumstances, and have a zero-tolerance policy for such behaviour.”

Chester have taken just seven points from their opening six games – winning twice with a draw among three losses.

They sit 15th in the table after the most recent loss on the road.

BEST ONLINE CASINOS – TOP SITES IN THE UK

Two years ago, Chester banned eight fans indefinitely for violent disorder during a play-off semi-final defeat against Brackley Town.

Supporters invaded the pitch, threw smoke bombs and tried to storm the away end – while coaches were damaged outside the ground.

Xavi Simons mocks Chelsea interest as he completes blockbuster £51.8m Tottenham move

Brackley’s then-manager Gareth Dean branded the scenes a “disgrace” after children had been left “petrified for their safety”.

Chester apologised and insisted the culprits did not reflect the values of the club.

Related posts

🤩 La patronne, Demi Vollering, frappe à nouveau sur le Tour du Pays Basque #shorts #cycling

Euro sport

Kacper Merk zaprasza na finał cyklu Raw Air 2025 💥

Euro sport

Chelsea made an official proposal for Barcelona midfielder

radiosvoboda

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More